We believe poverty level is getting better. By poverty, we mean that poverty level in the world. We would like to introduce three graphs or charts to support this point. The first one illustrates the population living in extreme poverty in 1987 to 2013. This chart gives a comparison of extreme poverty in the past of the world. This overall impression of the poverty has fallen dramatically and improved in 2013 compared to 1987. East Asia and Pacific had the highest rate in 1987, while it had fallen to the third poverty in the world. SHARE OF THE POPULATION LIVING IN EXTREME POVERTY, BY WORLD REGION https://www.vox.com/2014/11/24/7272929/global-poverty-health-crime-literacy-good-news In 1987, the poverty in East Asia and Pacific countries had rated 60 %, but in 2013, that rate had fallen to nearly 5%. The ratio of the world poverty dropped from about 35 % in 1987 to under 11 % in 2013.The second one shows people in the world living in extreme poverty in real-time. A black person who...
Hello, class! I’m Shiho and from Japan. Also, I’m 19 years old and now live in Kaikorai with Hilary who is my host mother. I have impressed a nature, a view from my home and a wood stove. I like Dunedin because there’s no high buildings and Dunedin is a beautiful streetscape. Sometimes, I miss Japan and soaking in the bathwater. My favorite subject was Japanese because I like classic so in Japanese classes I could read Japanese classic literature. I chose this course because I want to improve my English enough to discuss difficult problems. Also, my hobby is dance and I love music. For example, I often listen to rhythm and blue and also my host mother likes music so we sometimes listen it together. I’m good at finding nice teas so If anyone want to know delicious teas, let me know! On the other hand, I’m hopeless at waking up early morning so 1 st class that start 9 am is a little hard for me. In conclusion, my goal is improving my English and become a person who understand ...
My name is Tamon Yamamoto. Now I am 19 years old and will turn 20 in September. I live in Green Island with Riley and Dylan family. I have the impression that people in Dunedin are very kind and helpful. They smile at me when I walk into a store or when I ask them a question. My favorite subject was Japanese history. I chose this course because I want to improve my English in order to live abroad. In my free time, I often go out for dinner with my friends. It is a good time for me because I like to talk with people. I am not good at cleaning. My room is always dirty and my mother often gets angry with me. I clean only once a month when I feel good. My goal is to get a high score in TOEFL and IELTS when I come back to Japan. However, my listening and speaking skills are not good enough at the moment, so I will study harder. I am a member of the track and field club. This picture is me and my teammates.
Comments
Post a Comment